View Single Post
Old May 24, 2009   #4
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

Heather, roger on live and learn. I also used the Myco soluble this year, It's almost black in color and have had no problems so far. I'm also using BioVam from T&J at my surrogate garden and his Organic Gardening Fertilizer Kit. So will have a chance to see how that works out.
To everybody I would wait on applying Myco products till plant out and apply your ferts,if you choose to do so, at half strength till the plants are established which is about 2-3 weeks after plant out. And please, no fertilizer products with a (P) higher than 4. Depending on the makeup of your soil which only a soil test can provide, you may not have to add any additional ferts. As I grow most of my maters in containers, I use organic ferts due to the constant depletion of nutrients by the plant as it grows. And do to the size of my containers which are 5-7 gallons it becomes more critical as opposed to Earthboxes and EarthTainers which are anywhere between 18-32 gallons. Ami