View Single Post
Old July 23, 2016   #7
WilburMartin
Tomatovillian™

I amended my potting mix with Espoma Tomato Tone (which I haven't seen in my last two big box trips) and put a good handful in the plant holes for my plants. I then went to Miracle Grow tomato mix (good, but obviously not organic). After reading and researching, I decided Texas Tomato Food was good stuff.

I took the plunge and ordered some Texas Tomato Food - holy cow! My zucchini is growing insane, same with eggplant and hot peppers. Tomatoes that had been sitting green forever on a plant finally blushed (was probably just Ms. Nature paying off), and the blooms on all my tomatoes are crazy plentiful - too bad my MS heat and humidity are giving me problems. I hope that with a weekly TTF watering that the tomatoes will hold on until the temps cool down a bit.

So, I can't say enough great things so far about TTF - is it possible that you could use composted manure and make a tea for yours? I am considering buying 25 pounds of composted horse manure and a 50 gallon drum next year to give that a go.