Thread: bleach spray
View Single Post
Old June 17, 2013   #37
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger2778 View Post
I use Southern Ag liquid copper fungicide concentrate which I get at Home Depot. Word to the wise after learning he hard way... Mix at the WEAKEST concentration, it's still very very effective. Stronger makes the leaves curl and stunt and it slows down growth for about 2 weeks. And you already know to only spray early AM or late afternoon.

Marsha
Marsha, I'm new to using any copper spray and I started out with the weaker solution and it did nothing to slow down the Gray Mold outbreak so I went much stronger yesterday morning. I really haven't checked to see if it did any damage and it rained again today so it may be a moot point. I was really hoping it would work better than Daconil which has proven to be ineffective for me even when applied every week and after every rain. I guess I'll just have to count on the stronger mix of the bleach solution because it will definitely kill the Gray Mold but it doesn't do much to stop it coming back if I get a little rain. I was really hoping the copper spray would be more long term than it is proving to be.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote