Old December 31, 2011   #85
mrdoitall
Tomatovillian™

Default Why Atomic Grow Sucks!

Hermitian,
How did the Atomic Grow do for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermitian View Post
I have purchased an 8 oz bottle of the product, pictured below.

I have had some correspondence with Mr. Shellenback regarding Atomic Grow. He sent me an MSDS which I've attached to this post.

You'll note on the top left it says "Date Prepared 8-1-2008" ... but in the PDF document it shows that the original Microsoft Word document was created 7-21-2010. Also notice that the product is listed as a surfactant -- not a fertilizer or pesticide. Legally, there is a lot of distance between these classifications.

Regarding product registration, Mr. Shellenback's position is that there is no need for further registration because it does not contain any hazardous materials. I have notified Mr. Shellenback that since his product label contains claims of plant growth and pesticide action that (a) it needs to be registered in FL as a fertilizing material and (b) it needs to be registered with the EPA.

It would be to his benefit to do so. First, he could distribute through a nationwide carrier such as Commerce Corp. to retail nurseries. Second, the annual cost of maintaining a license is far cheaper then the fines for non-registration. We will see how he chooses to proceed.

mrdoitall is offline   Reply With Quote