View Single Post
Old November 6, 2017   #69
seaeagle
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueCT View Post
After working 15 years in a law firm I can tell you they DO go after deep pockets. It does not usually matter at all if they "win" or not, the vast majority do not even get to trial and the goal is to settle for as much as possible. Bigger companies with deeper pockets often pay more to make cases go away that are not worth their time. It never pays to accept a case going after someone with no money to settle with. You loose all your costs of bringing the case because plaintiff lawyers only get paid if they get a settlement for their client. Otherwise they eat the costs. So no money in the pocket, no lawsuit.
You are exactly right, if they think they will lose they will settle. That is what I hate about these class action lawsuits. The lawyers and not the plaintiffs make all the decisions. At least I think that is how it works.

My point and the point that the lawyers make was that Monsanto makes Roundup so you have to sue Monsanto, not Dow or anyone else who uses glyphosate. They all have deep pockets
seaeagle is offline   Reply With Quote