View Single Post
Old March 5, 2017   #57
JohnJones
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmanns View Post
John, in no way am I calling you out, or trying to criticize you, or others with my comments and observations on the video.

I also took note of his wife thinking of subscribers first and foremost when he excitedly called her unscripted in the second video @9:25. So, it seems their subscriber count is the most exciting topic between the two of them.

There is big bucks in a YouTube channel that has that many subscribers. The problem is, the channel has to publish new and exciting content on a regular basis to pick up new subscribers, and to keep old ones from hitting the unsubscribe button. Also, now learning he sells seeds from home adds quite a bit to this..If just 10% of 103,000 subscribers wants a $1 pack of seed from this no longer available variety it's a pretty big win for him.
Hellman, thanks and in no way did I think you were calling me out. I also apologize if I was a bit aggressive defending him.

As I've said, I agree with many of the questions about the age of the display box and I think the story from the seller has holes based on that.

I still believe the seed packs and seeds are likely genuine and are old. I have actually been trying to figure out where the 1930 date comes from. I don't see it on the packs, does anyone else? If he is believing the story of the seller completely that seems to be a mistake.

I don't see dishonesty in this young couple, maybe naïveté. I also have no issue with the promoting part of the videos. They are trying to build a business and it takes that.

Still very interested to see him grow out any surviving seedlings.
JohnJones is offline   Reply With Quote