View Single Post
Old August 19, 2018   #3
Whwoz
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for that PhilaGardener.

There maybe more added to the list as there are some seeds that I have that were intermediates out of the dwarf project that are well worth following up in their own right and I am waiting on one or two new arrivals that I will want to plants this year if they make it into my hands. Still plenty of time for sowing seeds at this stage.

Have been able to get my hands on some Orange sweet potato slips (I assume Beauregard which is the most common here) which I will shortly plant and then start chasing some more.

Asian brasicas have tended to run up to flower early this year with the wombok's not hearting up at all and cabbages and caulis looking as though they might make something. Broccoli heads did not hold at all and it is a race to cut the side shoots before they flower - I reckon that this is all occurring two to three weeks ahead of normal.

Garlic (Monaro Purple and Italian Stripe) are looking good at this stage, plenty of both in so shall have a go at getting some TGS. Normally harvest around late November.

Been getting reasonable amounts of rain lately - we are some of the lucky ones, most of the East coast of Oz is Drought declared with bushfires already occurring 5 months ahead of what we normally expect.
Whwoz is offline   Reply With Quote