View Single Post
Old August 21, 2018   #10
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

Thank you for explaining the mechanism, PH, very helpful and for everyone's input. I didn't get back to applying Dewitt Sunbelt timely after the ground was solarized. The landscape crew that was to help me tarp and border the new area moved on to cut and go mowing. I planted melons and squash. Something was better than nothing, and it got very overgrown. Too large an area to hand weed in the 100 degree heat! I can't imagine using Roundup in a large area where people, including myself, are growing food. I would have hired a tiller had someone been available, but I agree this is a better option given the location is not adjacent to buildings.

If anyone does want to try this, it isn't a roaring firepit flame, more of a swoosh flame like lighting a torch. Always have a hose at the ready (I am close enough to the water source.) I would never try this near a structure, this was in an open area. I had an old wood border and it didn't ignite.

I bought the model that has a trigger so you can walk around without turning the propane off, and a cart for the tank. It was not hard at all, but it is tedious, not a thrill but unique.

Ironic that a good rain was mentioned - Omaha set a record for the day of 6 inches yesterday! I guess a refilled tank of propane will be in order.

- Lisa
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote