View Single Post
Old May 5, 2019   #26
DonDuck
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
Even though I use a little bleach in my dish water it warns against it.
So use caution if you must.
In the right amounts with the right household chemicals it will release chlorine gas that can overcome you and you will end up dead at the very worse.
Sucking in a big gulp of chlorine gas is like sucking in a big gulp of water in your lungs and it isn't good.
If no one is around to help you death can occur.
Don't even think about mixing it with ammonia.

Just saying be safe.

First week of basic training in the army in 1962. My unit had over 100 guys in it and you had to fall into formation by 5:30 a.m. each morning showered and shaved. Our shower was huge with tile on the floor and walls.

In the second week of training, five of us had to strip one day to our skivvies and were given tooth brushes and bottles of pure bleach and told to get on our knees and scrub the grout between every tile. It wasn't punishment. It was just part of the mental training. A different group of guys had to do the same thing to all the toilets and urinals the next day. They always had some menial task to perform. After breathing the bleach fumes all day, I couldn't smell or taste anything for a week that didn't taste or smell like bleach. Even water from my canteen tasted and smelled like bleach. I didn't know if I would ever be able to taste and smell right.

Last edited by DonDuck; May 5, 2019 at 03:58 PM.
DonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote