View Single Post
Old February 19, 2018   #9
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipcode View Post
What variant of Haifa are you using? The GG?
Yes, 18-18-18 GG. The "drip" is also available, although it seems to be more for soil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb_FL View Post
Best of luck with your garden. Looking forward to pictures.

What brand of Coco Coir do you use? I've been mixing 50-50 with Promix or the Lucky Dog Potting mix.

Thanks! I used the cheap brick stuff up in quality of Wonder Soil. I relied on the rain some but ended up washing the cheap stuff until the water ran clear.
I usually buy the "open" bag at my hydro store, sometimes it's the very high quality stuff others it's the brick you mentioned. Doesn't matter much, only a wicking medium below the potting mix. I've seen the Lucky Dog, have not tried it, do you recommend? Tried the Ocean Forest once and some plants liked it a lot, others felt it was hot. Hard to predict which ones can handle the amendments.

This year Tupur (Royal Gold) is the mix of choice, decent quality coco coir, good bang for the buck. The absolute best Coco Coir I've tried is Bio Bizz Coco Mix, fun to run fingers through it. Silky Smooth.

http://royalgoldcoco.com/soils/royal-gold/tupur-pid-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsacharley View Post
You are committing a lot of space to Elgin Pink x Anna Maria's Heart F2! What is the appeal of this one?
Taste, size of plant, and disease resistance in my neck of the woods. Also, I've gotta pick the right horses, so I want to have a sample size that allows me to see genetics at play. Curiosity mostly.

Last edited by Gerardo; February 19, 2018 at 05:47 PM.
Gerardo is offline   Reply With Quote