View Single Post
Old May 23, 2017   #54
Dark Rumor
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00mimi00 View Post
Hello,I'm envious of your early harvest. I was searching the forums for any tips on Marianna's Peace tomato because mine is over 6 feet tall in it's smart pot and yet I only have 3 fruits. Also have a whole lot of nubs that don't seem to be growing. I'm not sure what's happening since the weather has been good tomato weather for North Texas so far. I see your experience is similar. ANy changes to MP?

My other tomatoes

Cream Sausage - about 3 dozen still green a few going pale, ripening. These came in fast and early but look to be slowing down now
Creoles - 2 plants about 15 tomatoes each, all sizes a couple are at the one pound size it looks like
Lucid Gem- a dozen or so, their blue color is starting on their bottoms but still green and small
Snow White Cherry - many trusses with small fruit starting to come in
New Big Dwarf - one has nothing and one has 4 but I planted these two weeks later than the others
Genuwine (Brandywine x Genovese Costoluto - impulse purchase at the nursery when I told myself no more, but I got it anyway. Transplanted 3/26, I think I saw one fruit

Last year I planted right at the end of February and I had quite a few ripe tomatoes Memorial Day. This year all new varieties and I transplanted 3/12 and 3/26. I wish I planted earlier. I am impatient for tomatoes. I made the mistake of buying one heirloom at the Whole Foods. Of course, it was disappointing and had no taste. Looking at your harvest I know it's just a little more time.
I planted 9 plants on February 25th and after the initial fruit set, they stopped producing. most of are getting ripe, Chapman is lagging behind and the squirrels got all of the marianna's peace. I have lots of the tiny tomatoes that did not develop on most of the plants.

I planted 4 plants on March 18th and they have set more fruit per plant than the first 9 plants, none are ripe yet.

I planted 6 plants on May 5th and they are flowering.

With the warm weather I am planting earlier. I start from seed and this year I am will have four or five groups of plants set out monthly in hopes of getting tomatoes all summer and fall. I read somewhere that planting multiple times during the season would offer the best production and best chance for tomatoes all season.
Dark Rumor is offline   Reply With Quote