View Single Post
Old July 17, 2017   #69
tnkrer
Tomatovillian™

So update on fish/kelp fertilizer

I used gs plant foods fish and kelp blend for two years.

After the fertlizer was used, (not foliar, I only used while watering the plants) Usually I noticed that the plants looked greener and healthier (perkier?) after they received the fertilizer. So it seems to work well. I could not tell if it worked better than other fertilizers I had used, (Texas Tomato Food or Foliage Pro). In terms of yields, I do not have any control experiment to report bigger/better yields

One con was, this particular fertilizer keeps releasing foul smelling gas. (rotten eggs smell) And not diluted fertilizer, the gallon of concentrate. I had reported earlier that the jug was highly pressurized when it came to me from shipping and injured my finger when I opened the jug. So it seems that it continues to release this gas all the time. And it smells awful. After I have watered the plants with the fert, If I am not careful, (work without gloves, get it on my shirt etc) I stink for a day or two. If I am very careful, I only stink for couple of hours. So I will not buy this again due to this foul odor that it generates.

Neptune harvest fish/kelp users, do you experience such smell issues with your fertilizer? In the second year of the concentrate bottle's life?
tnkrer is offline   Reply With Quote