View Single Post
Old January 22, 2017   #23
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Default Photos??

Hi...I have some photos...Heres the ideas I have come up with ...Can I provide the soil enough water via the wicking..I just do not know ...But I presume if I use a Tasty Tom on an experimental unit..it will soon let me know...#1 photo is the easy method ..the 12mm rope is pushed into the cavity and sits there..It would be clean with no soil getting into the drum but would the soil get enough water from it...#2 method is different ...I hope my photos are good enough to see how the rope is (in #2 and #3) fed round the bottom of the splines which means the loop between each spline is upwards to the soil and could be any height into the soil but I feel without modification would allow soil into the tray if the loop was too high.....it could also be reversed IE the loop could be put downwards if the rope was fed over each spline within the drum....This could possibly be a cleaner method ny keeping soil going into the tray but probably supply less water...and of course there is also a centre hole that could be wicked or just closed off ....What I have read is that roots will grow if they reach out for their water so a centre wick could be of no benefit in fact the roots could go for their water there and create a problem....But I am only a beginner?? I welcome any comment 's...
Thanks Ron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2917.jpg (295.4 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2919.jpg (338.7 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2921.jpg (322.6 KB, 90 views)

Last edited by murihikukid; January 22, 2017 at 07:06 AM.
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote