1 Cup Butter
1 / 8 ounce Cream Cheese
¼ teaspoon Vanilla
2 ¼ Cups Flour
½ teaspoon Salt

Filling

Prepared Solo Filling, flavor of choice-or- good quality jam

Directions

Blend dough & roll into balls about the size of a grape. Refrigerate for at least an hour. Roll out dough thinly on floured board to round or square shape. Fill as desired in the center of the pastry.

Bring one side over the filling to the other side. Slightly moisten the overlapping side so it will stick to the other side when you fold it over. At this point they can be frozen and baked off as needed. Bake @ 350 about 15 minutes or until lightly brown. When cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Tip: If dough seems sticky when rolling into balls, don't be alarmed. They roll out just fine after being chilled. Yield:5-6 doz .

Rolling Method #2
Roll out dough to desired thickness, cut into circles or squares, fill each cutout and fold one side over the other to envelop the filling.

Zana’s Notes:

I like adding chopped swiss chard, onions and garlic as a filling – sometimes with ground beef or not. Sometimes substituting spinach or kale for the swiss chard.
I have done this with a fruit filling – whatever was in season.
I have also done this with a variety of different veggies added to the filling or just lots of fresh basil.
Zana is offline   Reply With Quote