Thread: Canning Season.
View Single Post
Old September 18, 2017   #26
MdTNGrdner

Lol Farmette, I know you didn't; you posted right after I did! Sorry, I couldn't answer earlier.
I think the turkey is m at 10lbs pressure, but not 100% sure - it's the recipe in my All American manual. Really good used last minute in a skillet meal or with rice or soup!
Ok, I just went and looked it up - good thing too, I was wrong! It's 65m with bones or 75m without bones (pints). If you wanted quarts it would be 75m with bones or 90m without. This is raw pack, without any liquid added. I tend to do boneless in pints but have done both - it's all good!

Carol, you are too funny! I know some re-use lids in canning but so far I've just re-used them as leftover covers. I think I might try it your way next year... a seal's a seal, I reckon. And then I can join the Livin' On The Edge Club

Can you describe the string stick method? I have strung them before but usually just throw them in a big box.

Last edited by MdTNGrdner; September 18, 2017 at 07:58 PM. Reason: To remove incorrect canning time in case someone mis-read.