View Single Post
Old March 21, 2018   #86
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl2601 View Post
Hi Rockporter! I am wondering how many of the wire clamps I need to order for each earth box? Thanks in advance!
Heide
I took a look at my cages, they are all folded down and zip tied together from our hurricane prep last year. I couldn't open them up but I counted how many I saw. I counted 18 total wire clamps to hold them together. I know I ordered clamps twice in the 100 pack, but I made a lot of tall cages.

You will need a set of two pea fence to make one tall cage, one single to make a short cage. If you are making tall cages you will fold them into an oblong shape and stack one on top of the other one. You need to add clamps where the two cages meet to hold them together. You will then add clamps all the way down the side of the pea cages.

I hope this makes sense if not just ask again. Basically you are putting a clamp where each section of the cage has a wire meet another wire from one cage to the next. I wouldn't try to skip on these clamps, you don't want your plants growing between the cages and causing damage to the plants. You also want a strong cage to keep it's shape with a heavy laden plant growing out the sides and using the cage for support.

~Margaret Atwood~

Rockporter is offline   Reply With Quote