View Single Post
Old July 25, 2018   #27
Fiishergurl
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by edweather View Post
Congrats on your continuing tomatoes. Am still setting a few on my Rutgers, Indian Stripe, and Big Beef. The Black Cherry is doing well. When I say a few, that's it, but a few is better than none. Actually the plants are reviving and getting healthier, and flowering nicely, but am only setting one tomato for every 30 blossoms or so.
I am still surprised that they grew so well in this heat, humidity and rain. It must be just enough more humid in Florida because these plants wouldnt have stood a chance there in June and July in central Florida. It's been a great bonus. Now I'm just starting my seeds ro take home for my Florida fall crop.

Thanks for the help and advice from you and Bill. We are going home in Sept so I topped all my tomato plants to get them to finish off the tomatoes they already have on them. I was going to pull my pepper plants but after I dosed them with calcium and magnesium the last few weeks they they started looking so much better and seem to be setting a lot of new peppers again now. Must have just cooled off enough

Ginny

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Fiishergurl is offline   Reply With Quote