View Single Post
Old April 28, 2016   #19
Starlight
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt-Grow-Cook View Post
To better answer your question....it really only gets sweet when fully ripe. Hab flavor is there, fruity, citrusy, and floral but the redder they get the sweeter and more flavorful they got. I wasn't particularly fond of them green. Ive also grown Arroz Con Pollo, and Bishops Hat. Arroz being very very similar in taste, but more of a wrinkled pod similar to scotch bonnet. Still completely mild though. Bishops has more heat the closer you get to the seeds and placenta. Great flavor as well. All 3 varieties were pickled last year, and we're tasty. Zavory was a frequent snacker for me in the garden though. Growing Trinidad Perfume this year to compare a yellow variety.
Thanks for the information. : ) Good to know about the green not quite as tasty either. I've grown the Bishop's before, both the hot and the sweet. Thought I had tags mixed up for a bit as I did notice the heat in well ripe Bishop's Hat.

Arroz a new name for me. Gonna have to check it out. Also check my notes too as I had Trinadad Perfume in the super hots category. Probably my mistake. It gets hard some times keeping track of who is hot and who is sweet-like.
Starlight is offline   Reply With Quote