View Single Post
Old September 27, 2015   #21
kunosoura
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
Not to take away from the fact that your plant look astounding as they surely do.

How on earth do you keep the white so white?

The mud dobber wasps would have that so messed up at my house in no time.
As a matter of fact I am going to paint my house the next time the exact color of the clay they use to help cover up the stains.
And I know you have them too.

Worth
Two words - Pressure. Washer.

But actually it isn't so bad - the pool area there is screened in (catio, as the wife calls it), so that keeps a LOT of the bugs, plant debris, vermin, etc. from coming in. Also there isn't much of any foot traffic coming from the outside grassy areas to inside the pool area due to the layout of the place and our routines.

The biggest sources of dirt are all of my plants!!! Stuff is always running out of the pots and leaving stains and whatnot. I end up pressure washing the area every 2-3 months... doesn't take long and I actually enjoy doing it. The instant gratification of dirt on - dirt off is always neat. It helps that I have all of my plants (strawberry guava tree, lemon tree, madagascar palm, a really neat jatropha podagrica, plus others) on casters... moving them is a piece of cake. It's actually fun to rearrange them as well. It can give the area a whole new look.
kunosoura is offline   Reply With Quote