View Single Post
Old February 12, 2018   #9
FourOaks
Tomatovillian™

It is indeed a Mortar Mixing Tub. Or at least, found in the Masonry aisle at Lowes. I did buy it to mix mortar originally. I had to do some brick work on my home, then it just set.

And your right, the plastic is tough. Im thinking they might have some UV resistance in the plastic. I bought it Spring of last year, and it set out in the open until just recently. Absolutely no signs of breaking down or becoming brittle.

As far as the dipping the pots go, if you use a water soluble fertilizer, there would certainly be very little, if any waste. So that would be good. I use Masterblend myself, and every ounce does add up, cost wise. My other goto is Jacks, but still costs money no matter what.

Im wondering, are there any larger Sheet-O-Pots type of product? I know they make a 801, but those are pretty shallow. Im thinking something that would be closer to a 2 quart to gallon size container. Doing flowers in those, and being able to dip those would be great.

Otherwise, im thinking about doing something like the stacking 4 way manifold with drip stakes to keep the potted flowers watered.

Last edited by FourOaks; February 12, 2018 at 08:45 PM.
FourOaks is offline   Reply With Quote