View Single Post
Old September 1, 2018   #5
Fusion_power
Tomatovillian™

zipcode, I sell tomato plants via my business at http://www.selectedplants.com/

The only commercially available varieties that I have released and that are available for trade here on T'ville are Tastiheart, Big Beef X Eva Purple Ball commonly known as BBXEPB, and Hibor. I do not make crosses and then "release" unstable genetics 2 or 3 years later. After enough growouts to prove they are stable, I send seed out to a few people.

Working with wild species such as LA0417 takes more time than usual. I've got several breeding lines going with this background genetics. LA0417 churns out very good disease resistance to foliage diseases. In the cross with Tastiheart, I got an intense red color. I know in advance that stabilizing this into a viable tomato line will take several generations and may require a cross to another large fruited tomato before it is worth releasing.

If you read some of the other threads here, I am also working on cold tolerant genetics. This is a work in progress that is taking a lot longer than I hoped.

Several varieties of tomato that I released are being grown in Romania today. My son lives near Bucharest with his wife. He has a few friends who also garden.
Fusion_power is offline   Reply With Quote