View Single Post
Old May 13, 2010   #31
OmahaJB
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the ideas. The tulle is something I've been considering to use as a squirrel netting. Definitely planning on doing something to combat them.

As for the dog(s), actually had to take my mother's 11 year old female Lab to the animal hospital and have her put down a couple of months ago. The poor dog went suddenly lame in one back leg, then later the other. She was actually the last puppy I had left in a litter my two labs had in late '98. Gave her to my mother and step-father before I left for Puerto Rico back in early '99. She was great company for them. One of the hardest things I've ever had to do was drive that dog to the animal hospital knowing my mother was watching me drive her away. Sad day. She said she could never have another dog because it's too hard to lose them. Not the first one she had to have put to sleep.

That dog though did chase the rabbits away when she was out there but wasn't in that part of the yard often enough for the squirrels to be too concerned. I'll miss 'Sammie' this spring as I put the compost, soil, and seedlings in. She was always getting in the way somehow. Once in awhile I got a little perturbed about it, but now wishing she was there to get in my way this coming weekend. Such is life.
OmahaJB is offline   Reply With Quote