View Single Post
Old August 12, 2019   #429
kilroyscarnival
Tomatovillian™

I'm very excited about having placed my order with Ellie Friday, for mostly compact, dwarf, and a few microdwarf varieties and/or determinates. I'm interested in trying them out, and have started a spreadsheet for sowing and plant-out dates to rough maturity dates (via formula) to see which early varieties I might plant out before danger of a central Florida frost. The micros I'm sure I can move inside easily, and I plan to use grow bags with drip for the first time, so if I have some going over the winter that are not too large, I might drag them indoors overnight. I'm particularly looking forward to trying her own Peachy Keen (a peachy colored, peachy-shaped saladette compact determinate which she finds heat- and humidity-tolerant) , the Jochalos yellow-orange micro cherry, and a couple of hearts - Dwarf Pink Passion and Dwarf Red Heart, which look beautiful and fleshy. Ah, gardening is really fun in the dream/plan stages! Meanwhile I'm a bit brutalized from repotting a root-bound scratchy aloe plant yesterday. Thankfully, the aloe gel should help.
kilroyscarnival is offline   Reply With Quote