View Single Post
Old December 27, 2016   #1
jmsieglaff
Tomatovillian™

Default 2017 Tomato and Garden Pictures

This is where I'll share my 2017 garden pictures. No pictures right now since it is the middle of winter, although I will share some indoor grown micro dwarf pictures over the next few weeks. I hope you all enjoy the posts and it will also serve as a good way for me to document me some garden notes and thoughts.

Thought I'd start with my 2017 tomato grow list with some comments.

Sungold F1: Every year. Tried Sunsugar F1 last year--just about the same thing, just awesome.

Black Krim, Noire de Crimee: I grow Black Krim every year, but I just had to do a side-by-side with Noire de Crimee after what I've read in Carolyn's book.

Daniel Burson: Love black tomatoes so I've got to give this a try after the reviews here in 2016.

Black Cherry and Garnet cherry tomato: Want to grow these side-by-side to see which we like better.

KBX and Orange Jazz: Grew KBX in 2016 and loved it, thought it would be interesting to do a side-by-side with Orange Jazz.

Jaune Flammee and Earl of Edgecombe: Flavor descriptions in Carolyn's book sound right up my alley and want to which we like best.

Aunt Ginny's Purple and Crnkovic Yugoslavian: Two highly regarded heirlooms I wanted to grow together to see which does better in my garden.

Mat-Su Express: After Mark's mouthwateringly good/exceptional comment how could I not grow it since he was kind enough to share seeds.

Wisconsin 55: Our son's favorite red tomato that always has a spot in his garden.

Blush: Beauty and flavor in the same package, returning from 2016.

Summertime Green and Emerald Giant dwarfs: Doing a side-by-side of two large GWR dwarf beefsteaks--grew one of their parents Green Giant in 2016 and really liked it!

Teensy F3 Chocolate Cherry, Teensy F4 Yellow Cherry, Emmy F2: Dwarf project grow--outs.

A couple strains of micro dwarfs.

Can't wait for another summer of new to me tomatoes!
jmsieglaff is offline   Reply With Quote