View Single Post
Old January 25, 2017   #5
AKmark
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajun Gardener View Post
Looks good Mark. I'm late this year, yesterday I started 126 MORE seeds. I see the tiller in my future and a bigger garden.

I see you have those in a 4 pak, do you sell them in those? If not do you transplant twice or do they go straight into the pots you use?
I put them in 4 packs to save space, then they will be transplanted into skinny tall containers until they go to the GH in their final containers.
I sell plants in 4" pots, gallon containers, and 3 gallon containers. Those won't be started until March 1st or so, and they are planted in several different batches until April 10th, or so. Those will be decent around May 15th, after May 15th, putting out dinky starts usually means minimal harvest for most people in the fall. Anyway, I want people to get tomatoes so April 10th is as late as I start them for plant sales.
Expanding huh? You know Rajun, for several years I had one 12x16 GH, then I got a bigger one, still not enough space, then another, and another, now I have nine. I think tomato growing may lead to mental disorders.

Thanks Bower, the main difference will be two plants per most bags, and how I lower the plants. I am finally doing the system I have been told to do for five years, I'm not stubborn or nothing like that.

Karen, I have been following your project, it is very interesting, you ladies are having way too much fun. We crossed Green Giant and Juane Flammee, the F2's had crazy segregation too, red, orange, yellow, GWR, different shapes, I didn't even know where to start. I may pass those along to some others to play with, I am up to my ears in projects.
Take care everyone, the season is right around the corner

Last edited by AKmark; January 25, 2017 at 07:46 PM. Reason: missed word
AKmark is offline   Reply With Quote