View Single Post
Old October 15, 2016   #168
Lydinge
Tomatovillian™

Default promising Saraevs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKmark View Post
I start them after April 15th for a late May garden planting, May 25th or later on average. They are between two and three feet tall, and two- three feet wide.
I will write down the names of the good ones, some are really sweet tomatoes, and the texture is pretty good too, especially since we have had a lot of rain lately. I would say 4-5 of them are early, good, and productive, others are okay. I tried them again and they even seemed sweeter, and one has a full nice tomato flavor.
These are the same planting dates I have for Sweden, except that we often get light frosts around the 13th of June (Iron Nights /Järnnätter). Of course we are probably about the same latitude. Always enjoy your posts because they are relevant for me. Had fantastic luck this year with 0-33 (first tomato on July 12th!!) and yields until late September.

A bit later, but number one in the taste department, as usual, was Siletz. Stupice is my other must-have. Now I am thinking about next year and very curious to hear your experience with the Saraev tomatoes. Would like to try a few myself, but have limited space. So, hope that report card comes in soon!!
Lydinge is offline   Reply With Quote