View Single Post
Old February 27, 2017   #55
txtstorm
Tomatovillian™

I didn't grow tomatoes in the Fall, but last spring I learned that I don't like growing lots of small tomato varieties (cherry, currant and plum). I grew loads of tomatoes, but harvesting them kinda sucks.

Also, I learned that growing mostly hybrids is ZZZZzzzZZZZZZzzzzz.....I did this last Spring because I wanted to see how many pounds of tomatoes I could grow in my small space. I got sick of harvesting them after a couple of hundred pounds and just let them rot in the yard. This Spring I'm doing almost all heirlooms. I know it's probably best to do more of an even mix of OP and F1...maybe next season.

THIS year, I've learned to graft. Like....I'm pretty darn good at it now. Been in the 2017 grafting thread with Bill, BVV and others and learned a lot. I'm stoked. I'm going to do a side by side comparison with grafted and ungrafted plants of the same variety. Hoping to see at least a noticeable difference if not something very substantial. If the grafted ones do what I hope they will, I'll probably do all grafted plants going forward. It's such a cool thing.
txtstorm is offline   Reply With Quote