View Single Post
Old February 22, 2019   #272
Tomzhawaii
Tomatovillian™

Default Homegrown

As some of you might know. I grow on my apartment lanai. The railing was an unused spot, so I bought a downspout, folded the ends with a hairdryer, put some 2 5/8 holes in the top. I started with dripcups and coir , put some seeds in and 2 days later they sprouted. The wife had her eye on them from the begining. Some 18 days later, they were in a bowl on the dinner table.
My garden is north facing, so not the best place to grow. But it works !!! I have grown plenty of a few types of greens. Komatsuna, Spinach, romaine, Parris island and others my sister gave me. Manoa and Anuneue(rainbow) are my favorite. Ya can't beat 100 seeds for a dollar. The rail system just got an upgrade, so I could clean it out. Roots and other gunk build up after 2-3 cycles and clog the hoses and overflow . Now the wife gives them maybe 20 days or so, before she snatches them. My own kind of dear problem.
With the prices and uncertainty of produce these days. My hands down favorite is homegrown.
Aloha to all.
Tom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0466.JPG (104.7 KB, 170 views)

Last edited by Tomzhawaii; February 22, 2019 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Crooked picture, drives me nuts
Tomzhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote