View Single Post
Old January 8, 2016   #14
barbamWY
Tomatovillian™

I forgot about Bloody Butcher. I used to grow it. Some years it was my first ripe tomato. Camp Joy is a good cherry. We sell it as Chadwick. I am adding Prudens Purple and Bloody Butcher. I have had good results with Moravsky Div, Sibirsky Skorospelyy and Rozovyi Myod. Do you think I could get people to buy them? I could use the translated names Wonder of Moravia and Siberian Pink Honey for the 1st and 3rd. I think names that relate to our area helps though. We sell Montana Jack Pumpkin and when people hear Sheyenne they don't think North Dakota, but Cheyenne (Wyoming.) I do say in my description that it is from the North Dakota Ag Station as well as the strain of Earliana and Yellow Pear. For some reason Big Beef does not like me. I tried it for 3 years about 15 years ago. It never did well for me. I can't remember what the problem was. I do need a canner type. Wisconsin 55 might fit the bill. I was also thinking of Beaverlodge Slicer (I have not tried Beaverlodge), Rutgers, Sioux, Break O' Day or Jet Star( I have not tired Jet Star but did Jetsetter, although I understand they are not related.) I have tried Eva Purple Ball and I had to pull it up due to disease. Keep the ideas coming.
Thanks,
Barb
barbamWY is offline   Reply With Quote