View Single Post
Old August 31, 2015   #70
Fiishergurl
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb_FL View Post
Hi Ginny,

I really liked your kitchen herb plants- you really have a green hand. My wrist is mostly better; range of motion is great - I still can't put much weight on it but every week has improvement.

Just sowing tomato seeds; nothing to look at.

Larry - is it time to grow broccoli? I was thinking of sowing seeds yesterday b/c it rained all day and couldn't get out, but then thought it was too hot. Last year I didn't start them until November; and then it was so hot by April that I didn't get much of a crop.

Also, if you want BCD, I have tons -PM me your address and I will mail them. - I sowed 4 just to make sure the germination rate was good for the MMMM swap and I have 4 healthy seedlings. It probably did the best of any of my seeds in the window while we were gone for a week.

Speaking of leaving plants while away - the Dwarfs as a whole do great unattended inside. All of my dwarfs (small transplants now look pretty good).

Also, I planted BCP (Pink) had seeds from the same vendor but never got around to growing them. When I left I had zero germination, brought some to NC with me - still no germination. Sowed some last week when we returned and yesterday just to make sure sowed about 6 more. I finally saw one peeking through so hopefully will get some plants.
Barb,

So good to hear your wrist is improving. That's great news... :-)

Keep us posted on how the Brandywine Cherry Pink taste compared to the Brandywine Cherry Dark. I left the Brandywind Cherry Dark plant that I planted in the summer at my mom's and it was terribly neglected but the last time I was there it had three tomatoes starting to blush. I should have picked them and taken them with me... lol But I didn't. Will start some next week with my fall crop.

Ginny in Florida
Fiishergurl is offline   Reply With Quote