View Single Post
Old July 2, 2011   #21
mtbigfish
Tomatovillian™

I moved back here to Chillicothe Ohio last July 2010 and never got my 150 plants in pots into the ground - had some trial CHERRY tomatoes in hanging baskets and that's all I brougt w me - left about the same in the ground in Calif - turned over my seedling tom and peppers to a friend to sell to some of my nursery customers

this year I started late on my seedlings (running business) so little time and only started 500-750 - couldn't find promix bx or promix pg so had to use jiffy NK and some other brand of seedling starter mix - can't buy anything in bulk - had some damping off(1st time in 50+ yrs of growing) and worst germination EVER - had to search out and find some groers of heirlomms to get plants that I could plant - then a month of rain and muddy clay - had some of my own 10,15, and 20 gal hort pots and begged and borrowed other so I have about 75 plants is all - my babies just ready to pot up so will only be planting he 55 day stuff - and a few others to see how they grow here - may not see fruit on them unless late frost or low enough for frost blankets - still trying o find people with plants to get rid of - have had to go deep with a few leggy ones already - found metro mix 360 so should have better luck potting up - got my 1/2 gal of omri approved endo and ecto microbes 20 plus var of each and watered in to new plants - thet have been in the ground 2 wks(a couple 4) - cut off all of the first two sets of flowers and stripped up to last 2 sets of braches before planting - better roots system and now getting 3rd set of flowers and some started to set - yeh will have some to eat - some 2" across now