View Single Post
Old October 8, 2012   #25
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinB View Post
Jeff,
I'm absolutely in love with Maya & Sion's Airdrie Classic. It's been a truly early, very tasty addition to my garden for three years now! It's on my "grow every year" list.

Thanks for posting the 2013 catalog. I look forward to viewing it.
And I want to thank Jeff personally for working with the F2 seeds that he got from me, gee, it has to be pre 2005 since I think the last time I offered all 5 crosses that Stanley Zubrowski did, the Stupice one being one of 5, Jeff is the only one I know of who worked with that cross to stabilize it and I know there are many who do love it.

What Stanley did was to cross Brandywine with several early varieties trying to get some taste into early varieties most of which aren't really know for great taste.

And Jeff, I did take a look at your 2013 offerings. I can't remember, but was Cuore del Drago one that I sent you for trial? I don't have my data book by me here at my conputer to check. Initially I was disappointed to find it wasn't a heart as the name implies, but when I checked with the person who sent me seeds she got the same , sent me a picture, and someone she knew paid lots of lira when the person bought the seeds in Italy.

Will send you a PM with some other comments.