View Single Post
Old September 12, 2017   #38
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Default Mycorrhizae

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayR View Post
Dry mycorrihzal inoculum is sold in a inert powdered carrier, usually a clay but powered pumice I suppose would serve the same purpose. The problem I see is there is no description of the manufacturer, species or spore count, a reputable manufacturer would guarantee these things as well as an expiration date that would indicate the freshness of the product.
Hi..Thanks for your comment ..Exactly my thoughts ...How do you know what your buying....I was stupid last season buying $150 of stuff that as far as I could ascertain did nothing ....so I buy $237 worth this season from another source which I am sure is the proper Mycorrhizae product with the trade name Mycorrmax...
Why $237...Well before I get all sorts of remarks thrown at me ....I should explain that this place sells sachets and $2kg bags ..but take note??? A sachet at just over $11 plus 15% GST ....has a $20 Shipping tag on it ....buy 2 x Sachets one is up for $40 shipping and so on ($20 a sachet...no combined shipping....Where are you Amazon???) ....the 2kg bag has GST and yes $20 shipping....Because I am now able to advertise on a local neighbourly website ...I will break it into small amounts for local growers...not to make a profit but to use it and get rid of the rest of the 2kg and yes to get my money back and also to meet other growers...maybe I will get reports back on what they thought of it....

Maybe I should see If I can get soil analized and see what the growing company is actually using......The two products I sought an opinion on were recommended to me by garden centres......Thats what happens here...

The fans arrived from China today for my growth Chamber So I can now start germinating my seeds ..I am hoping for great results with this.especially for my Black from tula seeds which are not Black from tula????.I was in a Garden centre yesterday looking at their first young plants supplied by two companies...one companies plants looked absolutely terrible
...There is no way I would buy any of them..they looked like plants from the end of the season that are flogged off by the garden centres for 50c or a $1..

Regards Ron
Attached Files
File Type: pdf mycormax NZ(9).pdf (758.3 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by murihikukid; September 12, 2017 at 09:34 AM.
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote