View Single Post
Old April 21, 2013   #5
brokenbar
Tomatovillian™

Salsa Verde is Mexican green sauce. I also use it for enchilada sauce. You do need two plants for pollination. And yes, you can bury the stem (you might need a backhoe) I pretty much have to tie my tomatillo plants up every day as they seem to go into overdrive at night. Use large circumference string/twine on tomatillos as the stems are not nearly as tough as tomato plants and fine twine will cut right through them. The varieties I listed are not as susceptible to fruit drop in the wind as some others.

When I lived in Wyoming, neighbors loved getting 5 gallons of processed tomatillo sauce from me (tomato sauce also...then had "radar" and always seemed to turn up when I was processing something )
My Mexican neighbors have been fascinated with my drying technique for my tomatoes and now they are all drying their as well. I have no idea why, but none of them dried tomatoes previously. They dry SCADS of chili's as well as spices.

Mango salsa / yellowfin tacos...I am drooling. We can go to the docks and get fresh fish every day so now that is on my list.