Thread: My 2018 Garden
View Single Post
Old June 26, 2018   #1
chadandpia
Tomatovillian™

Default My 2018 Garden

Thought I would share other tomatoes and vegetables that I'm growing. A few weeks back, I started some, what I call, "second harvest" tomatoes as here in California I can usually keep tomato plants growing thru to late November. I started these outside so that I don't have to go thru any hardening off, just transplanting to larger pots as needed until ready to go in their final homes.

First pic is those:
Most of these are determinates that I've been wanting to try out: Mountain Merit, Taxi, Atlas, Summer Pick, Tasti-lee, and Siberian.
Others are 2 more grow outs of my Emmy F3 seed and some seeds I got from NCTomatoman .. 2 PL "Not Lucky Swirl" and 1 RL "Not Coorong Pink"
in same picture, In tray on the right are some pepper plants... I only had 3 survive but as our weather is finally getting warmer … I decided to try to grow some more..will see if they make it or not...

Next pic is of a Tatume, a type of squash that is "vining" .. I have limited space so was trying to find a squash that will grow on fencing instead of being bushy and this was supposed to be a likely candidate.... this is just ONE plant and, well.. you can see the size of it … it's taking over one of my pole bean towers and it's overgrowing a cucumber plant that was like 3 feet away from it when planted...

Will post pics of more tomatoes I got growing later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg second_season_toms_2018.JPG (191.1 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg Tatume Squash.JPG (162.8 KB, 76 views)
chadandpia is offline   Reply With Quote