View Single Post
Old August 12, 2018   #268
hl2601
Tomatovillian™

The last two, 46 and 33, both produced red cherries that my family found tasty. Both had plants between 11-15".

One of the four 46 plants was sweeter and overall better-plant C- so those seeds I have fermenting right now. I like the small nipple on 46. Also, back in March I reported half the 46 seedlings went quite chartreuse. We decided to follow those to see if any produced yellow cherries. None of them did, and the cherries all the 46 plants produced were similar in size and shape.

The 33 was the carroty leafed plant. I especially enjoyed growing this one. Anyone who saw it remarked on how different it is. All 3 33 plants produced tart, nicely acidic red cherries.

Overall impressions were-especially for those limited to small gardens or containers, both of these are viable.

Dan, should I send you seeds from these four? If so, about how many per variety so I can plan? I also would love seeds to grow some of the purple or bicolor cherries. Your pictures look fantastic! This micro stuff is addictive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3331.jpg (507.9 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3332.jpg (521.1 KB, 89 views)
hl2601 is offline   Reply With Quote