View Single Post
Old July 29, 2007   #35
nctomatoman
TomatovilleŽ Moderator

Well, Patrina, Grub and others in the SH - you have an exciting challenge coming up during your growing season! Though documentation could have been better (guilty as charged!!!), and the chaos/overwhelm factor great, I can honestly say that my initial taste impressions held - and we can add a few more to the top flavors list. You will have a blast checking some of these for stability - because it is very likely they will all be delicious or nearly so. I think that a few are being overlooked and are probably better or have better potential going forward (the various Zig Zag Wattles - I need to do a side by side with them soon while I still have fruit). Lee claimed that one of Tim's Kangaroo Paws did have a hint of Sungold to it. (hopefully he will remember which one!).

But - to me, and confirmed by many tasting them, the cream of the crop of a really incredible spread (people couldn't believe that the range of colors and sizes came from dwarf plants!)....

Summertime Gold 2 Potato Leaf 1 (my reference number 18 )..
Summertime Green Reg Leaf 2 (my reference number 1) - this was one of the tomatoes of the event! (congrats, Grub!).
Summertime Gold 3 Potato leaf 2 (my reference number 55).
Sleazy B F3 Bruce's Purple RL1 or RL2 (need to confirm with Suze which one blew her away) - (my reference number either 29 or 30).

Many others were excellent - but the first three above, in particular, have great potential.