Thread: Beist
View Single Post
Old January 5, 2017   #13
Dutch
Tomatovillian™

That’s probably it! My Beist and Deep Space labeling somehow got switched.

The first set of plants in that row were the shortest and the earliest. The fruits were black; dark red flatten globes. A few were well shaped globes but most were misshapes. In my garden they were labeled as Deep Space. These were probably the Beist plants.

The second set of plants were a little larger in size but still a compact plant. For their size, these plants were one of the most productive plants in my 2016 garden. The fruits were consistent in color all being black; deep dark orange/red. The shapes were all elongated. Most with a nippled bottom, some with pointed bottom and a few were almost pear shaped. In my garden they were labeled as Beist. These were probably the Deep Space plants.

Going forward I would like to grow out the second set of plants that were labeled as Beist and are probably Deep Space. I plan on segregating them by shape, and if these are indeed Deep Space tomato plants and if it is okay with Marina, append the end of the name (Deep Space) with something appropriate for each shape form.
Thanks for all the input and help!
Dutch

The intuitive mind is a gift, and the rational mind is a faithful servant. But we have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. (paraphrased) Albert Einstein

I come from a long line of sod busters, spanning back several centuries.

Last edited by Dutch; January 7, 2017 at 05:39 AM.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote