Thread: Tante Ci
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2011   #8
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanishGardener View Post
Carolyn, the link I posted is the yearbook of the Norwegian Seeds Savers (it is still in the "baby" stage). It started up in 2006 I think, and with only 90 members it is still tiny compared to it's sister associations - Frøsamlerne in Denmark and SESAM in Sweden (which are tiny compared to the US SSE)

Here is the description I posted in the other thread:
From UØS06. Unni said: "My aunt, Aunt Ci, is Cecilie Jensen, who ran the herb garden at the cathedral ruins. She got the seeds 25 years ago from a woman named Ansof. I think she has released a book about herbs. The family of this Ansof had had the seeds for much longer. I checked my notes, and my aunt said that the seeds have been in Norway for about 100 years.
- Medium-large yellow tomatoes. Very good taste.
Soren, I linked to that thread in my post above in this thread and did read it there but somehow I missed that it was a med yellow tomato, which actually if it had been in Norway for 100 years would be a very unusual situation if it originated in Norway.

There's also the possibility that it could have been brought to Norway since yellow tomatoes were known elsewhere.

No way to know for sure.