View Single Post
Old February 27, 2018   #2
SQWIBB
Tomatovillian™

March 28th, 2016 - Today I planted 25 Seascape Strawberry plants. I used a mix of potting soil, peat moss and perlite.

April 5th, 2016 - Well, nothing has died yet.

April 20th, 2016 - I lost one plant and another was on the brink of death but pulled through, I should have pushed the roots into the center more instead of downward. I started watering every few days to keep the soil moist in an effort to get the roots better established. I added a Datil Pepper plant and Tabasco Pepper plant to the top.

April 25th, 2016 - I may add some fertilizer to the 55 gallon reservoir that feeds the strawberry tower.

May 5th, 2016 - The Strawberry Plants seem to be doing well, the top right is a "Tabasco pepper" and the Top Left is a "Datil Pepper".

May 20th, 2016 -

June 4th, 2016 - I decided to ditch the NFT Rails and planted the 24 strawberry plants everywhere I had some space, birds were getting int the berries so I put on some bird netting, I need to find something better because I am afraid the turtles will get stuck in the netting...they see the red strawberries and start climbing to reach them. Strawberries are favorite food of Box Turtles and I do feed some of the strawberries to the turtles.

SQWIBB is offline   Reply With Quote