View Single Post
Old October 29, 2017   #81
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Patti I watered the moss mix the seedling was in to hopefully hold the mix together and then cut the bottom off while it was on a shelf (so the Mix would not fall out) I then sliced a vertical cut in the side of the peat cup....I had already prepared the new pot with Tomato mix packed in its bottom..I never used lime as the Ph was 6.5 )..Sprinkled Mycorrhizae on the soil and carefully picked up my seedling clamping the Peat pot slightly as I lifted it onto the soil ...I was then able to unclamp the peat pot and lift it off with the mix not falling apart ...I then put the new soil around it filling in the sides to the height required....I watered in from a litre spray bottle with rain water and a small teaspoon of Miracle Grow in it....So it went well..Its going to take some time but I think well worth it....The Sweet Scarlets seeds I saved have grown very well ...The others really grew very little probably because it was too late ...

I found this seed available here ...and thought I must try this...Rapunzel F1 Hybrid ..I wonder if its over in America? Certainly impressive looking... Regards Ron
Attached Images
File Type: gif Tomato-Rapunzel-F1-Hybrid-63985..gif (107.4 KB, 52 views)
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote