View Single Post
Old September 13, 2018   #13
cecilsgarden1958
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
Cecil,it doesn't matter at all if it's scientific,or not, at least to me..

What I see now in your picture was mentioned above,I see splitting opening a huge fissure,that has allowed probably one or more species of fungi,or even yeast to colonize it. Lots of different bacteria,fungi,yeast,etc.in the air

Due to rain. Stop the rain,ahem,or over watering,if that's happening as well.And as the rain falls the bacteria,yeasts, etc,become trapped in raindrops that fall on your plants. If no surface wounds on the fruit,not a problem,but if any open wounds,that's the problem.

How many plants do you have out there and which varieties are showing those symptoms more often than others.?

Carolyn
I have 15, of which 14 are planted in 2 cubic foot bags of potting mix with a 4" square hole on top where the plant comes out. Water with refrigerator dispenser 2 1 /2 gallon jugs with spigot. The last a big beef is in a big tub and shows no rot. 1 Lucid gem with no rot. 4 Steak Sandwich with many many rotting, 4 Chef' s Orange F 2 or 3s, 1 unknown compact that came out of the Chefs Orange pack that is red has rot, 3 Big Daddy with no rot, but lots Sun scale and one near perfect Mt. Magic. The Steak Sandwich have really been cracking.