View Single Post
Old November 4, 2017   #38
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcgrady View Post
About 30 years ago a company called "Earthline" bought a closed coal mine 10-12 miles from here. New fences and guard towers went up, then the semis started rolling in dumping barrels of PCB in the abandoned mine. The town of Wilsonville, IL finally caught wind of what they were doing and setup roadblocks to the only entrance to the mine. This got everyone's attention, lawsuits, court hearings soon followed. The town got an in★★★★★★★★ for them to stop, then won a lawsuit for Earthline to clean up the site.
The site is now a barren wasteland... I know a few people who are still alive after working for the company doing the toxic cleanup, but not many. A friend I went to school with is one of them, he came down with a strange disease that not many knew of his throat would swell shut for no reason, he had to carry a tube with him to stick down his throat so he could breathe long enough to drive himself to the hospital. He also became a "super healer", if he cut himself it would heal in a couple days instead of weeks. He's been to the MAO clinic many times and they finally figured out what it was,
though I don't remember what they called it, but only a couple hundred people in the world have ever had it. He's still alive and they somewhat have it under control.
I apologize to anyone that has been offended by me starting this thread, or my opinion on it, those were not my intentions... But I'm done commenting on it.
I worked with a guy that rode in his fathers truck hauling waste to a dump site.
That dump site is called Love Canal.
Worth
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...ZOEq4lHCpJ3jHY

Last edited by Worth1; November 4, 2017 at 01:40 PM.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote