View Single Post
Old May 3, 2016   #5
Jeannine Anne
Tomatovillian™

Thank you for the info so far. The reason I am asking is this.

4 or so years ago when my husband was still able to help me a bit I had a large community garden. I had been collecting perennial veggies of all sorts to make a perennial garden area and among them I had struggled and found several varieties of onions and leeks, it was still in it's infancy when my husband started to go downhill fast and I had to give up my community garden. I now have raised beds , pots and a greenhouse and able to start rebuilding my dream of a perennial veggie spot, the trouble is all my notes etc on where I found stuff and what varieties I had was all on my computer which died a few weeks ago and I am back to square one. I am hoping that by reading other folks info it will prompt me to remember .

I know I had Egyptian walking onions, I had I think 3 types of potato onions, I seem to remember a white, a yellow and a red.I had perennial leeks, ramsons, a few perennial brassicas which I still have , I had what was like a green onion but it went on forever.

It took me ages to research, find, wait for the right time, buy or swap,sow or plant and wait for things to grow and I have to start all over again.

I would appreciate any info you could give me.

Thank you

XX Jeannine
Jeannine Anne is offline   Reply With Quote