View Single Post
Old February 16, 2017   #238
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Patti... The bag is 20k...As he said it will last me for years (which it will)...I got the impression it was put together as an experimental mix ??
The problem is now that at long last we have tomato weather (indicated by Marley being outside all night) so I will not know if its the Myco mix or the weather....I used my original Campari and Black cherry for two of the 4 drums I sprinkled and they are looking really good this morning but surely its too soon to tell what if anything is happening...

My focus is now on my seedlings and getting the house de tomatoed?.....I think I am going to just run out of my super soil...for their repotting....I wonder if I can compliment with what I have with other mixes that are taking up space like Seed raising Mixes...Tui's Tomato mix etc ..the super soil would of course be the major part...

I wonder if you ever have this problem...I grow my seeds and carefully follow their progress marking every pot so I know what they are and I end up with at least 4 standout plants that really do not look as though they are marked correctly ....EG I have two Sweet Scarlets that I think look like sweet scarlets and I have another sweet scarlet that is completely different to the other two...
And powdery mildew ?? well I have it on my seedlings.inside...But having sprayed plants with milk I am amazed at how healthy the plants look the following day in the leaves....Yes I realise unless one continues the milk treatment I think the Pmildew returns but it certainly brings to my mind should I spray the milk mix on other plants as well or am i just getting carried away...

As for my drum...Experiment..Yes the soil has dampened up nicely ...now its not too late to change this...I could put three wicks in a triangle pattern or 2 wicks...Three wicks would certainly give an equal amount of water round the drum....The reason (right or wrong) on not having a wick in the middle was to make the roots spread out to get at the water????

The crucial question for me is can I mix up a soluable fertilizer like Wuxel or Phostrogen and just put it in the reservoir Tray....Would certainly save me work and concern ...Of course the WM drums I am now using are ideal for self watering...simply because they can sit in a water tray and the soil level has a 4 inch margin IE the water level would have to be over 4 inches in the tray before the soil would make contact with it ....

Regards Ron
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote