View Single Post
Old May 12, 2018   #59
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenboy View Post
Yes Linda Sapp has retired and sold the business. I've had no problem with the new management at all. It's locally based in Florida/Ft. Myers area.
And Linda interviewed several individuals to take over from her,the word was out that she was selling so interested folks called her.. All the staff she had are and will be there to help in the transition,and it's a husband and wife from CA that have bought the business.Last I talked with Linda she was going in every day to also help with the transition.

Linda gave me her personal home addy and I hope to find time to get back to her soon,since we've been very good friends since 2 years after she opened TGS and I have sent many varieties to her for trial and if she and her husband Vince,now deceased,liked them,they sent them out for commercial seed production,that's the heirloom ones,the F1's are available from the companies that bred them. Although recently she's had Kent Whealey's son Aaron, who left SSE quite a few years ago and now does seed production for Mark McCaslin, Fred Hempel and his artisan ones and I think maybe Brad Gates as well, and Linda has also been getting OP seed production done with Aaron.

So if I call TGS for any reason it's usually Cheryl who answers the phone and we talk for a few minutes about what's going on in her life before she transfers me to Linda, but will say sometimes,it looks like Linda is stll on the phone can I have her call you back and I say sure.

TGS has always been a great place to get seeds and not just tomato seed, and not just my opinion.

Carolyn