View Single Post
Old March 31, 2016   #16
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Worth, I think the gothic arch idea sounds good.

The following paragraph isn't done in any type of arch - just straight T posts and rebar. There are 7 of each per row.

I'm not sure the 3/8 rebar is strong enough to support the weight of foot long beans? I put in T posts today 5' apart in the rows (2 rows 4' apart) I have seven 8' - 3/8 rebar. The soil is so friable I was able to pull the rebar a foot into the ground easily. I wired the rebar to the T posts in 4 places each post. There's no strength on the rebar above the T posts whatsoever. I put it in this way just to see it, and it won't work. The T posts are 5.5' high and would support the pole beans easily.

I know I mentioned most of this earlier in this thread, but today, I put it in and saw that it doesn't work. I'm not sure 3/8 rebar is strong enough to make any type of arches?

I found this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBeQT6kVR_w I like this guy's videos. It looks like 5.5' would be tall enough for some beans. I don't have any of the garden netting mesh. I do have rolls of plastic-coated wire and heavy gauge nylon trotline string.

We are trying not to spend any extra money because we are finally more than keeping the bills paid. It's good seeing "Paid Off" starting to happen.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote