View Single Post
Old November 10, 2013   #60
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

OK, I can now open it via Robin's link.

Some feedback for you Jeff.

Dr. Carolyn, picky I know but I'm up to 3,000 plus grown, not the 2,000 you say.

Galina's, should be PL not the RL you give, hoping yours is PL

Green Zebra Cherry, there is absolutely no known connection between Tom's Green Zebra and this one. Manfred bought a pink of mixed cherries in a store, liked the striped one and he and Reinhard traced the source of all those mixed cherries pint back to the Netherlands. And there the trail ended. Reinhard, I think was the one to offer it first b'c then he gives seeds to Manfred for his seed site which is on Reinhard's website. But I'd want to confirm who did what first before you alter anything except the fact that there is no known connection between Green Zebra and Green Zebra Cherry. Even you said the tastes are different, and Iagree. Ilove GZC but have neverliked GZ, and Tom knows it

Lucky, and now correct spelling, Leprechaun. Tom Hauch at Heirloom Seeds in PA was the first to list this one, but I remember a bit of a kerfuffle about it not being from Ireland and I just went to his website and he no longer lists it.

http://www.heirloomseeds.com/tomatoes.htm

Big Sungold Select/ Is yours stable? Reinhard sent seeds of it to Brad Gates and myself and he got various colors, there's a thread here somewhere about that, and I offered it in a recent seed offer here and the same happened.

The variety you list as Mr, Stripey was not released by the Glasshouse research inst in England as Mr Stripey, it was released as Tigerella, so I think that's how it should be listed. The other two from the same initial cross were Tangella and Craigella. And yes, some folks started calling it Mr Stripey.

All for now, I was reading quickly.

I should have some good new ones for you to trial but don't have the seeds back to me yet.

I see you've left out some of the info, maybe it's in the click on more, where I didn't go, and I'm remembering that you used to say it was Stanley Zubrowski in Canada who did those crosses and sent them to me and you got the Stupice X Brandywine one from me, and since you are the ONLY one I know of who carried through and stabilized a cross, I've said it before and I'm saying it again, and that's congratulations.

Carolyn