View Single Post
Old June 6, 2018   #24
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
How do you like the flavor or NAR, I love them.

Worth
Worth I am at the point in my life that if I don't love a tomato then I just don't grow it anymore. I sampled hundreds of different varieties over the years and came to realize that it was just too much work to take care of a tomato I didn't even want to eat. I have been growing Neves every year for about 10 years and it is a favorite of mine not just for the flavor but because I never know from year to year how it will do. Some years it will make really big tomatoes but not set too many fruits and other years it will set tons of fruit with lots of medium tomatoes and I am still trying to figure out what makes it do that. This year may be the best year ever for NAR because it is making a few really big ones and lots of med/lg ones. It is also one of those tomatoes that can take the southern heat where lots of the large beefsteaks do poorly as the real summer heat gets here. I set out some more plants in the middle of May and NAR was among them because most years it will still produce some good fruit despite the 90+ temps of mid and late summer.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote