View Single Post
Old March 26, 2019   #82
SQWIBB
Tomatovillian™

March 22nd-24th, 2019

I fed the plants with this evenings watering, 4 scoops of "Jobes Organics Vegetable and Tomato 2 - 7 - 4" and 1 scoop of "Calcium Sulfate Dihydrate". I'm not sure what size the scoop is but I'm guessing about 3 tablespoons.

The plants seem to be settled in at three gallons of water every 24 hours.

I had to trim everything back again Saturday. Some of the tomatoes are near Golf ball size.

Got a tomato off of the Totem that was actually pretty good, what's crazy is that this was the only mater on the plant that showed signs of BER, I just cut that off and it was fine. Now I'm down to $600.00 per/tomato.

March 25th, 2019

I was checking the plants real good today and noticed a few red tomatoes, I need to be more on top of these plants, I had about three that were way past ripe.
These are the Gardeners delight and no BER. You can see a few to the right that were also no good.

Top 2 out of this batch were past ripe, they were fed to the rehab turtles.

Keepers

When I was grabbing for the over ripe tomato it appeared that half was green and half was over ripe so I yanked this guy off by mistake thinking it was a BER tomato... Ooops!
At first I was a bit upset and thought to myself, "Wow, this may not be a FAIL after all"! (Looking at the bigger picture of course).

The over ripe tomato was here. The one I pulled above and the one below are about the same size.

The gardeners delight was really good, much better than the totem, but to be fair, the totem may not have been at its ripest.

Although this is a cherry type tomato, it's a bit more acidic and not as sweet as say a sweet 100 but it does have a great tomato flavor like your slicing tomatoes.

I can honestly say that this is the first time in March I had a great tasting tomato!

Last edited by SQWIBB; March 26, 2019 at 01:52 PM.
SQWIBB is offline   Reply With Quote